Translate

22 januari, 2014

Back to blogging!


I took a month(?!) off from blogging. Haha it sounds like blogging is hard work and as if I’ve been doing it for ages, when in fact writing is something I do for myself anyway, regardless if I post it in a blog or not, and that I have been doing for ages. Blogging though, I only started in December! Anyhow, I was away during the holidays, I’ve had to work on some projects that took up most of my time, and I have been doing a little thinking on this blogging-thing.

Before the new year I started blogging as an experiment, just to get some of my texts out for people to read them. I had been recommended by different sets of people I know, and don’t know actually, to start blogging. These folks were interested in things I had been talking about, stuff I contributed with in discussions and they were curious about my angle on certain topics. This was certainly ego boosting and I figured blogging could be fun! It should be noted that I had never, before December last year, read any blogs in the sense that I followed them and was notified of every new post. I had read a few blog posts by various people via Facebook, only because my Facebook friends would have posted certain texts in their news feed, and I had logged on to probably 4 or 5 different ones that my friends had set up for specific, time regulated, journeys like long-distance trips or a pregnancy. Today I have logged on to a handful of blogs by people I don’t know, like a mega celebrity or a known name in the local blogosphere. I reckoned it would be a good idea to do some leisurely research, at least to get an insight into blogging from both sides, not just as a writer but also as a reader. It seems though as if I need some time to get into the reading :-). How will I find time to read all those interesting blogs that I am sure are out there? Does that mean that people won’t find the time to read and follow my blog either?! Yikes!

What I have concluded though during my little think on this blogging-thing, is that I need to take a stand between Blogspot/blogger and Wordpress. In December 2013 I started here on StockholmSerendipity.blogspot.se simply because I already had a Google account and it seemed easy enough. My experience has been overall positive but I know some readers expressed difficulties when trying to comment on my posts; and the mobile version, whilst being graphically pretty, didn’t work as well as I had hoped. I also saw an increased number of interesting topics on Facebook that were linked from Wordpress accounts. So, what did I do? I sat up an account there too! StockholmSerendipity.wordpress.com This way I can try it out for a while and then I’ll be able to better determine which location suits me the best. I promise I’ll let you know…

Happy reading, and please feel free to comment!

P.S. I transferred my most read post from here to the new platform at Wordpress, so if you wish, you can read them all there now, all marked with the date Friday 17 January 2014. Ah, some are in English and some are in Swedish. I tend to just write in whichever language comes to me when I come across a certain topic. I apologies for any inconvenience. Sometimes Google Translate helps. Sometimes it makes for a good giggle…

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar